Wednesday, January 7, 2009

UCB is still my hero

Last night, instead of hitting my usual 8:30 standup comedy show at the Upright Citizens Brigade, I went to the 11:00 debut of their new sketch show called CDR Sketch. Good call. Yes, I heard that the 8:30 was good, but the sketch show was the first of its kind, and it's always nice to be there for the dawning of an era. The cast last night included Bob Odenkirk, Matt Besser, Rob Huebel, and Ben Garant and Tom Lennon from "Reno 911!" amongst others. (Judd Apatow was rumored to be in attendance, but I can't confirm) As you can probably guess, the show didn't exactly suck, and, even better than that, it was only $5! When you're unemployed, laughter is important, and so is cost-efficiency. UCB to the rescue! If you're in or near LA or NYC, I can't recommend highly enough that you get your behind to the UCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment