Friday, January 16, 2009

Don't Die

Since college, I've had two rules for life.

Rule 1 - Don't die.
Rule 2 - Don't get caught.

I'm still really freaked out that that plane yesterday landed three blocks from where you were innocently blogging. One more Canada Goose, and you coulda been a goner! So, I guess, thanks, geese?

And I just KNEW that New Zealand had some crazy vegetation! It's always on these remote, isolated islands that you get the most impressive mutations. Sorry, evolutionary divergences. It actually reminds me of the time my roommate decided to get a goldfish, so she got a Betta and a live plant to put in the tank to keep it aerated. She somehow misunderstood the person at the fish store, and interpreted their lighting instructions to mean that the plant absolutely had to have 24-hour light, otherwise it would die. She kept a light on that tank for five full days before I convinced her that the plant could not possibly exist in nature like that - at least not without some seriously impressive daily-migration skills. She did turn off the light, but that poor fish was never the same again. All those days of sleep-deprivation left him skittish as all get-out, although the unfortunate incident in which he was sucked into the filtration system probably didn't help, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment