Monday, January 5, 2009

Injury to Insult

The first day of official, actual unemployment was not so bad. I cleaned a bit, I watched "Catch & Release" (inexplicably enjoyable), I made lists, I applied for a job, I found out I have mice...

....oh, yeah, that. MICE. Not ONE mouse, which is bad enough, but I have PLURAL mouses. MICE. The kind you see, too. They're very cute and probably the size of a bottle of food colouring, but the point is that they are not meant to be in my kitchen and CERTAINLY not meant to be crawling up out of the damn stove and skittering behind the microwave and feasting on the oatmeal I've got up there. HELL no.

So, on the upside, I have a project for tomorrow in that I must go out and buy mousetraps, tupperware containers, and Lysol. On the downside? I have no job, and now the rodents are disrespecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment