Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ah, January

After the December lull in job listings, the January deluge has finally arrived. For weeks, there were only a few new listings each day on my favorite websites, but at long last we're back up to dozens. Granted, most of them are crap, but it's still encouraging to see so many vacancies, especially when Brian Williams tells us every night that those with jobs had better hold on for dear life, and the rest of us are just screwed. I even had an interview today! It went well, which was encouraging, but even more encouraging was the fact that it had happened at all. I'm not going to lie - it was nice to feel (and truly believe) that I was marketable once again.

But I'm not one to count chickens. While I wait for word from them, I'm back to the job boards. My favorite incomprehensible listing for the day is this:
Director of Partner(relation)ships [Advertising Sales]

I wish I knew what that meant. Or maybe not - the Mystery of the Over-abundant Punctuation is delicious. I've certainly never had a job title that included both parentheses and brackets, nor have I ever had a title that included an optional infix (the bastard half-brother of the suffix and prefix). Nonetheless, if you can explain what that title means, please, do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment