Friday, January 16, 2009

Dispatches from the Ether

I apply to many, many jobs per week, and the vast majority are through the corporate websites of the major Hollywood studios. The response rate for all of these attempts to rejoin the productive sector of society? Zero.

Until today.

Today I was absolutely baffled to receive a response for a job I applied to on Tuesday. You mean putting my work experience and full contact information into an online form sometimes actually causes something else to happen?? WHAAA?

In any case, I the email I received was as follows:

Hello,

This email is to notify you that your resume has been received and is under review. If the manager has an interest in scheduling an interview you will be contacted from someone on the team within the next several weeks. In the event you are not contacted for this position please don't get discouraged as we will hold on to your information for future requirements.

Sincerely,


If you're wondering, I did not redact the name - the email was exactly that sincere. We shall see, we shall see. Obviously I'm hoping they do follow up, but given the past response rate, I refuse to get all worked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment