Saturday, April 4, 2009

April madness

Why???

Script Frenzy: 100 pages of screenplay in the 30 days of April. Or, in Eliza's case, a 50,000-word novel in the 30 days of April. That's 3.3 pages of screenplay or 1,667 words of novel per day. It can be done, people. It has been done and it shall be done, and it is a fantastically productive way to pass time, but MAN is it tough!

For my part, I'm attempting to write 100 pages worth of comedy sketches. Or sketches, anyway. I'm on track page-wise, but I refuse to vouch for the quality of the product. That's not what it's about, after all. Screenplays can be punched up later, real jokes can be added, endings can be re-written - the important thing is to push through this month and experience the creative breakthroughs that inevitably happen if you just keep writing.

If for some reason this sounds like fun to you, it's not too late to start! This is my third Script Frenzy, and I've done the National Novel Writing Month a couple of times, too, and each time I've hit the goal without writing every single day. Sure, it makes a few other days just a tiny bit more difficult, but it all evened out in the end.

Regardless, if we seem a bit quieter than usual this month, Script Frenzy/NaNoWriMo might be the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment